The Federal Government has assured that the transition of power from President Muhammadu Buhari to the president-elect, Bola Tinubu, will run smoothly. Speaking with journalists in Abuja on Tuesday, March 28, the chairman of the Transition Committee, Boss Mustapha, confirmed that the power transition process on Monday, May 29, will be peaceful.
The Punch reports Mustapha affirmed that all litigations against the president-elect, the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) would not prevent the event from taking place.
Mustapha also said the Transition Committee had been activated while an ongoing refurbishment of the president and vice president-elect has been completed.
He also said that the security sub-committee had been saddled with the responsibility of ensuring no one truncates the handover.
His words: “All litigation, whether resolved or not, will not in any way stop the process. The president is not spending a day extra in office. The security committee has the responsibility to ensure that nothing happens to truncate the transition process. Nigerians are very law-abiding people. “Whoever has lost an election, there are provided avenues for those people to make whatever legal inquiry they want to make but the process would continue unabated. We would not create another constitutional crisis. On May 29, the hand-over will take place.”