The Osun State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Abuja has declared Ademola Adeleke as winner of the September 2018 election in the state.

The 3-man tribunal upheld the the petitions filed by the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Ademola Adeleke and the PDP, challenging the victory of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Governor Gboyega Oyetola at the September 2018 governorship election.
The tribunal had earlier dismissed the objections of the APC. It said Adeleke’s petition has merit.
The PDP and Adeleke had filed a petition asking the tribunal to declare that he polled the highest lawful votes and should be declared the winner.
But Oyetola, APC and INEC had filed their notices of preliminary objection contending among others that the petition was incompetent and that the court lacked jurisdiction.
A three -member panel of the tribunal, dismissed the objections filed by Gov. Oyetola, APC and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
Both Adeleke and the PDP in their different petitions had urged the tribunal to declare that he scored the highest lawful votes in the election and should be declared as winner.
However, Oyetola, APC and INEC filed their notices of preliminary objection against the petition on the grounds that the petition is incompetent adding that the court lacked jurisdiction to entertain the petition.
Delivering the‎ lead ruling of the three-man tribunal, Chairman Ibrahim Sirajo, held that the objections were misconceived and struck them out.
Courtesy of PM News.
Share this:
Related

Osun election tribunal members flee to Abuja over insecurity
November 11, 2018
In “Daily News Headlinesâ€

Osun guber election: Police beef up security ahead of tribunal’s judgment
March 21, 2019
In “Daily News Headlinesâ€

Osun Election: Tribunal Rules In Favor Of Adeleke
October 6, 2018
In “Entertainmentâ€
Join The Conversation
Join the conversation
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Latest
Queens’ College Principal calls for establishment of more girls colleges18 mins agoNigerian Army releases Gov Wike’s aide, SARS re-arrest him21 mins agoStephanie Linus Slays In Green22 mins agoKenyan President Kenyatta quits social media50 mins agoFiji to revive coconut industry57 mins ago
Most Read
- CCT Trial: Details of Onnoghen’s bank accounts unveiled
- Masked gunmen shoot dead Globacom staff in Lagos
- Revealed: Captain of crashed Ethiopian 737 Max 8 plane untrained
- Daddy Freeze, Church of Satan at war over comment that Marriage Vow is satanic
- Davido Teases Fans With New Single ”Shayo”
- Osun Tribunal says Adeleke, PDP have right to challenge Oyetola’s victory
- Onnoghen: I will jail journalists who misrepresented facts 28 years – CCT Chairman
- Osun guber election: Police beef up security ahead of tribunal’s judgment
- I have no confidence in Kano police boss – Gov Ganduje
- Copyright © 2019 P.M. News
- Powered by MetricInternet